Ever wonder what the heck La Vie en Orange means? I wrote about it here, but essentially it's just looking at life through a brighter, sun-shinier lens.
And, it turns out, it can be super easy. It's mostly about attitude.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to live la vie en orange. In no particular order.
- No, really. They’re beautiful and fill your nose with joy (and how often do we really use our noses?) and then you smile and then your day is magically better.
- 2. Treat yourself. Every once in a while, but not so often that it’s no longer a
treat. On payday, maybe?
- 3. Crank up the volume when it’s your jam. Be that person dancing at the bus
stop or in your car. Spread joy.
- 4. Get the stamp then write a letter. It won’t languish in its un-postage-ified
envelope if you get the stamp first and your loved one will get it so much
quicker! Find amazing inspiration here.
- 5. Streeeeeetch. I love these office stretches, and #3 regularly saves my life.
Insta stress relief.
- 6. Put on something quirky under it all. It'll be your little secret.
May I suggest some Upitees? :)
- 7. Call an old friend.
- 8. Visit the library. Wander the stacks (whether it's books, music, movies
- 10. Turn off the tv for the night.
- 11. Try a new recipe
- 12. Spend 10 minutes daydreaming. Do you need to set a timer? (I do... :))
- 13. Leave a big tip.
- 14. Make a list (this is my first. It’s really fun). Maybe 14 things that make you
- happy? Then you can refer back to it in a never ending mobius loop of joy.
And there are so many other ways you can live la vie en orange, so this is the first of a series.
What are your favorite ways to make life simpler, to include more play, to live fully?
Please comment below! I can't wait to see your favorites!
Leave a comment